Prev: ECC IV: Six weeks to go... + Preregistration deadline Next: Re: [SG2] Battle Report - Newbies on Patrol [LONG]

Nitto SF3D was: Re: OT: AT-43, any news?

From: Jay Arnold <jdarnold@s...>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:29:29 -0600
Subject: Nitto SF3D was: Re: OT: AT-43, any news?

Those are most likely the Nitto SF3D kits. They came out late 70's,
early
80's if I recall. There was a game system associated with the kits as
well
IIRC. I haven't personally seen the game, only a scan of the cover on
the
net. They're a favorite with collectors and can fetch $20-$30 on eBay (I
know, I collect them myself). If the Hobbytown store has some at a
reasonable price, they'd be worth picking up simply for the
collectability.
The kits are neat to build as well. They have rubber hoses and springs,
most
are semi-articulated.

> From: Mark Reindl <mreindl@pacbell.net>
> Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:03:38 -0800
> To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
> Subject: Re: OT:  AT-43, any news?
>
> "Mark A. Siefert" wrote:
>
>> Hello all:
>> Late last summer, the German game company, Rackham, released an image
of
>> a very Wehrmacht-esqe suit of powered armor for an upcoming sci-fi
game
>> called "AT-43."  I was wondering if anyone, particularly list members
from
>> Europe, had any current news about this line?
>
> Haven't seen that, but I was at my local Hobbytown USA (which I used
to work
> at
> long ago) and while I was in the back saw some stock that hadn't been
put out
> yet that included some Wehrmacht-type models of PA.  They also
included a
> pilotless support-walker, along with some other things.  Kind of
> funky-looking.
> They're packaged in brown boxes, and have a little bit of background
on each
> model.  Anyone seen those?  I think they're a bit large (1/20 scale
IIRC) for