Prev: Nun pics was re: [SG] jetpack question and Nuns with Guns Next: Re: [FT-FB]Islamic Federation Ship

Re: [FT-FB]Islamic Federation Ship

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 21:04:40 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT-FB]Islamic Federation Ship

> Sorry, there was 'posed to be arabic script on the post.
> anyway...
> sefina = ship     itihed = federation   islamii = Islamic

After more thought (found another grey cell to thump against the first
one), I was thinking that the abbreviation for the Islamic Federation
Navy should just be IFN -- if you're going to put it in Roman
characters you may as well translate it as well.   No one refers to
the People's Republic of China the ZRG even though it would
transliterate as Zhonghua Renmin Gongheguo.

(well, Sun Microsystems does abbreviate "Chinese" as "zh"...no one

Prev: Nun pics was re: [SG] jetpack question and Nuns with Guns Next: Re: [FT-FB]Islamic Federation Ship