Prev: Re: [SG] jetpack question and Nuns with Guns Next: Re: Wizard and...? Re: Dremel..Tom

[SG2] Sample platoon organization - request advice

From: mark.langsdorf@a...
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:20:40 -0600
Subject: [SG2] Sample platoon organization - request advice

	Although I've owned the SG2 rules for about six months now,
tonight will be my first actual game.  If it all goes well, I
should be playing a bit more often in the future.
	Anyway, I've been thinking about a possible platoon
organization, and I wanted to get other people's thoughts on
it:

Line Platoon:
	Command squad - Lieutenant, Senior Sergeant, 2 soldiers.
		All carry M10ARs.
	Heavy Weapons Team - Corporal, 3 soldiers and M201.
		All carry M10Rs.
	4 squads - Sergeant, M10MG gunner, M15RPG gunner, 5
		soldiers.  Sergeant and soldiers carry M10ARs.
	All units are wearing basic battledress (Move 6"/d6,
		armor d6).
	M10R - FP 2, Impact d10.
	M10AR - FP 3, Impact d10.
	M10MG - FP d8, Impact d10.
	M15RPG - FP d10, Impact d10*.  (Unguided light rocket
		launcher).
	M201 - RAC/1 on ground mount.  Fire control d6 (Basic),
		Impact d10*.

	Is it really worthwhile to include the M201?  I like
the idea of having a "heavy" machine gun in each platoon,
but I don't know if the rules support the idea very well.

Prev: Re: [SG] jetpack question and Nuns with Guns Next: Re: Wizard and...? Re: Dremel..Tom