Prev: Re: [DS2]: Another Build System Idea Next: Re: Solo Stargrunt

Paypa; was Re: [SG] Possible FAQ - Ordering GZG from the States?

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 18:21:14 EST
Subject: Paypa; was Re: [SG] Possible FAQ - Ordering GZG from the States?

Okay.  Since I don't have credit cards anymore, the Paypal people have a
system where I can pay through paypal.com via a bank draft type system?
What's their e-mail, please?

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines!
Starguard, Dirtside 2, Full Thrust, Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar
Conflicts and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:46:44 -0800 (PST) Michael Llaneza
<imperialdispatches@yahoo.com> writes:
>I'd like to throw in a plug for my favorite e-commerce tool: PayPal
>(www.paypal.com). SInce they recently went international (and have
>recovered
>from Xmas). It's a simple way to send money securely. They'll even set
>up an
>account with a bank draft so you don't even need to use a credit card.
>
>All GZG has to do is open a business account (there's a small
>rake-off, which
>is how they pay their bills) and presto, 'they' accept credit cards.
>This
>simplifies the matter and is far more secure (anyone who can steal one
>email
>with a credit card # can steal the two with half each).
>
>--- Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com> wrote:

>the same..
>two
>> separate
>goods ..
>> >
>> >I've ordered from Jon, doing the same thing, from Canada. Worked
>out
>> >great. The best delivery time was the day I sent the e-mail on the
>Monday
>> >morning, and the package was in my mail box Thursday night when I
>got
>> >home.
>> >
>> >Send an e-mail with your order and half your credit card info (I
>usually
>> >send half the credit card numbers). Send the other half in a second
>e-mail
>> >along with the name on the card and expiry date. Make sure your
>address is
>> >in one of the two e-mails. Works great.
>>
>> Thanks for that, Allan (and everyone else who has responded to
>Mark's
>> original query); we can't always guarantee to be QUITE this fast
>(!), but
>> we try to do our best....! regarding security, while there are no
>cast-iron
>> guarantees we reckon that the split-email method Allan's outlined
>above is
>> about as safe as you can get; if you are still worried then feel
>free to
>> mix the 4-digit number blocks of the card - eg: first and THIRD sets
>of
>> four numbers in one message, and second and fourth sets in the other
>- as
>> long as you make it clear to US which way to read it, I honestly
>can't see
>> any kind of nasty email-interception software being able to make
>much sense
>> of it......
>> We've been taking orders like this for a couple of years now, and to
>date
>> not one customer has had any problems that we've been made aware of.
>>
>> BTW (and this applies to everyone ordering from us by email) please
>address
>> order emails to <orders@gzg.com>, and not to <jon@gzg.com>; this
> [...]

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [DS2]: Another Build System Idea Next: Re: Solo Stargrunt