Prev: Re: [SG] Possible FAQ - Ordering GZG from the States? Next: SV: FT in a Fluid

Re: [FT] proposed IF ships

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:06:22 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] proposed IF ships

Laserlight wrote:

>>BB - Why have you given it the ability to tow 3(!) MASS? I know that
>>IF vessels do tow their compatriots into battle, but I'd think that
>>you'd want slightly more. Few vessels have TMFs under 8, and >>that's
barely a fighter or two.

>Oerjan's suggestion was that 3 mass is a banzai jammer: Hull 1, >armor
1, main drive 6.  The big red "Welcome, Salvo Missiles!" sign >costs no
mass.

2 damage points to make it slightly harder to kill with long-range
beams than the cheapest possible TMF 2 BJ (1 hull box, main drive 10)
:-/

Though an 1-Mass tug drive can carry up to 7 Mass, so the Saif can
actually carry two TMF 3 BJs or 3 TMF 2 ones. Don't remember if I
didn't think of it last we discussed these ships, but if not I have no
idea *why* not...

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [SG] Possible FAQ - Ordering GZG from the States? Next: SV: FT in a Fluid