Prev: Re: [FT] Asteroid Collisions Next: Re: [FT] Asteroid Collisions

Re: [FT] proposed IF ships

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:36:31 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] proposed IF ships

>Comments welcome, as always.

Remember, you asked for it ;-)

BB - Why have you given it the ability to tow 3(!) MASS? I know that
IF vessels do tow their compatriots into battle, but I'd think that
you'd want slightly more. Few vessels have TMFs under 8, and that's
barely a fighter or two.

BB & CH - Why the ADFCs? I think I see the philosophy behind it, but
I question if even large numbers of PDS will save a smaller vessel.

DD - I'd say that you're light on Beam 1s (at least if you're keeping
with the FB design philosophy). I'd also be VERY careful about
putting anything other than standard sensors on anything these days,
as we haven't gotten the rules/POINT COST/MASS for any of it yet.

FF - Same comment on the Bean suite. (Yes, I know that Class 2s are
generally a better buy for combat purposes, if only for range.)

CT & ST - Nice.

Prev: Re: [FT] Asteroid Collisions Next: Re: [FT] Asteroid Collisions