Prev: Re: FT in a Fluid Next: Re: "High Resolution" FT

Re: Swiss Confed DD

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:43:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Swiss Confed DD

> I recently got some Swiss Confed DDs (I think Schoon sculpted these?)
from
> Brigade. Anyone come up with a design for these attractive little
vessels
> yet? One they'd care to post? Even better, an SSD? ;)

> Tomb

These excellent Minis make up part of my small Pirate fleet:

http://members.nbci.com/noam_izenberg/P-ANShips.htm

I actually have the three I own painted up, but haven't photographed and
scanned them yet. I'm also patiently waiting for Schoon to finish his
cruiser-size mini so I can have a command ship.

Here are the stats for the Actuarial Nightmare's Drifter Class heavy
Destroyer:
Classification:  Heavy Destroyer
 Displacement: 4000 Tonnes [Mass Factor 40]
 Hull Type: Weak/Fragile [Hull integrity 6]
 Crew: 12 "Officers", 28 Hands [Crew Factor 2]
 Armament: 2 x Class 1 Beam,  2 x Class 2 Beam (F/FP/AP and F/FS/AS),
1xHeavy Needle Beam (F)
 Defenses: Grade 3 Armor, 2 Point Defense Systems
 Sensor suite: Standard sensors, 3 Fire-control systems
 Drive systems: Main Drive rating 6, FTL (Jump) Drive
 Damage track:
		 ???
		 00
		 *0
		 0
		 *
Service Details
 First encountered: 2179
 Currently in service: 3
 Lost in action: 1
 Under construction: Unknown
 Procurement cost: 1380 MUcr

Class also referred to as "Icicle". Drifters are fast but fragile. Their
primary mission is to strafe targets (mainly cargo and passenger
veesels),
taking out engines, and/or fire controls with Needle attacks, then
assist
with lookout / defense / baording actions when the targets are rendered
helpless. Their primary weapon is the Heavy Needle Beam, a piece of
pirate
technology that struck new fear in the hearts of interstellar
transprtation
muguls when the first reports of its use filtered back from raid
survivors.

 Names: Cold Sleep, Secret Ingredient,
 No Sound At All

Heavy Needle Beam - Mass 5, Cost 15, one arc only. With one dedicated
firecon/target, HNB's act as two normal Needle beams, targeting the same
system on the same ship. If two sixes are rolled vs Main drive, the main
drive is totally destroyed Two sixes vs. other systems destroy the
target
and then reroll once as per normal beams (skipping armor). With two
dedicated firecons/target, HNBs can fire as a single normal needle beam
between 12" and 24". SSD  Symbol: As Needle Beam but with two "barrels"
coming out of the black circle.

Using them as more all-around DD's would probably need some more hull
and
replace the HNB with something more conventional (a C3 or a couple more
C2's).

Prev: Re: FT in a Fluid Next: Re: "High Resolution" FT