Prev: SV: Re:RE-[FT] Starfire bug designs Next: from the NY times, astronomy

Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:25:22 -0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures

> Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 23:06:08 -0800
> From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com>

> John Crimmins wrote:
>
> > Has anyone come up with stats for a ship this size?  I
> did it myself, years
> > ago, and posted the results on the first version of my
> web page...but that
> > was pre-Fleet Book, and is long lost in any case.  I'd be
> curious to see
> > what other people have done with this monster -- I'm
> esitmating the mass to
> > be at least 500, although that's probably a little conservative.
>
> Infact yes :) I've got a Earth Force Posideon Carrier and
> that's HUGE. I
> set it at 500 mass and made it a dedicated carrier. It carries 18
> fighter groups and mass PDS + C1s with about 8 C2s. I think
> at one point
> I made a SSD with 22 fighter groups on it. As with all ships make it
> mission specific. If you want a carrier, make it all carrier, if you
> want a Super Dimentional Fortress make it nothing but beam
> batteries.

Which SDF lacks Fighter Bays?

2 wasn't carrying fighters but then it wasn't carrying crew either.

1, 3 and the 7's all had a number of fighter bays and squadrons.

Even the new model four gun ones from Macros 2 have fighter bays.

Adam

Prev: SV: Re:RE-[FT] Starfire bug designs Next: from the NY times, astronomy