Prev: RE: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures Next: Re: Someone wanted to see vehicles...

Re: FMAS

From: Jay Arnold <jdarnold@s...>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 16:57:31 -0600
Subject: Re: FMAS

> "kneel, 1/2 move; go prone, 1/2 move + 1/2 move to get up", something
> like that, and 1 or 2 levels extra cover or conceallment or whatever?
One idea worth considering is abstracting it all and stating that
figures
are always in the most tactically advantageous position, given terrain,
targets of opportunity, etc. That way when someone forgets to put down a
chit for "prone" his figure, who doesn't know any better, doesn't get
whacked as easy. If it's abstracted, it lets you worry more about using
terrain to your advantage for movment, rather than the minutia that tend
bog down games.

"Ok, Pvt. Joe Neckbone is going to roll on his right side to get off a
shot."
Wait, doesn't he have a canteen on his web belt on the right side?"
"Oh yeah you're right, he'll be negative 2 to hit that way, I'll just
have
him slinky out on his belly to get the shot off."

Prev: RE: [FT] Starfleet Wars Miniatures Next: Re: Someone wanted to see vehicles...