Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish Questions Next: Re: FMA Skirmish Questions

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 10:21:51 -0500

No. Reread the rules on p.17-18. The detatched unit
is only activated when the leader of the SQUAD
activates it.

So, the main squad's leader uses an action to
activate the detatched unit. The detatched unit
gets 2 actions at this point. Now the main squad
only has 1 action left to do another action
(having already spent an action to activate the
detached unit).
-Or-
The main unit performes an action (ranged fire).
Then the leader of the main unit uses the second
action to activate the detached unit. The
detached unit now has 2 actions (move/fire,
fire/move, etc.)

So the long and short of it is that to give
a pair of actions to the detached unit the main
unit must spend an action.

Now, someone suggested that the leader of a
unit give one pair of actions to the detached
unit and another pair to the unit he is part of.
This does not appear to fit with the rules as
written (you cannot give yourself an action, and
the leader is part of the main unit).

But play the game, not the rules. Just make sure
both sides use the same guidelines.

I do like the concept of using fire teams, however.
1 squad composed of 2 teams. One unit has a leader.
The other team has a sub-leader. Neither of these
leaders may transfer actions. Both teams share
one confidence marker.
When dealing with confidence checks, the checks
effect both teams confidence
If either the leader or sub-leader is lost, both
fire teams must spend an action to reorganize. Also,
one confidence check is made, but the result effects
both fire teams. [If 1/2 your force becomes
demoralized, the entire unit is less effective].
Anyway, just some thoughts.
Would both teams activate at the same time or at
different times? I would think at the same time,
but this could put a LOT of firepower to use at
one time. I might also suggest that fire teams may
not detach units or an element.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org/
-----

Squad
> leaders
> > get the actions. They can make their guys move (and move with them)
or