Prev: Re: FMAS Next: RE: [FT] Starfire Bug designs

Re: DS-Bolos

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 00:42:54 -0800
Subject: Re: DS-Bolos

At 12:00 PM -0500 1/7/01, Mike Miserendino wrote:
><x-charset iso-8859-1>I love the Bolo series.	It was one my first
>introductions to sci-fi
>reading.

Ditto. Baen lists the fifth of the anthology novels (Bolo went
shared-universe in 1998 or so) as being due any day now. The Bolo
brigade novel is absolute trash though, I expect a lot better from
Keith. Volume 3 of the anthologies has vital stats for each of the
various amrks. My copy, naturally, is misisng.

>The later Bolos are a bit large for DS.  A simple approach, without
changing
>the rules, is by shrinking everything else down in size knowing that
the
>largest weapon class of 5 would be used by the Bolos and factor
everything
>else smaller.

Yeha, DS2 isn't really scaled for the later marks of Bolo. Below, oh
Mark XXX say Bolos gain serious anti-shipping firepower. At that
point, we should be looking at Full Thrust to rate them.
--

Michael Carter Llaneza

Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re: FMAS Next: RE: [FT] Starfire Bug designs