Prev: Re: DS-Bolos Next: Re: FT in a Fluid

Re: DS-Bolos

From: "Mike Miserendino" <phantom15@h...>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 12:00:26 -0500
Subject: Re: DS-Bolos

I love the Bolo series.  It was one my first introductions to sci-fi
reading.  I had similar issues with DSII and made some suggestions a
while
back for mods to oversized vehicles.  The larger Bolos, as more common
in
the series, don't seem to work well with the current DSII system.  The
idea
of a single boom chit possibly taking out a Bolo was not inspiring to
say
the least.  I redid the modular vehicle rules with some simple mods to
allow
for an improved representation of these large units.  I recently moved
and
everthing here is in chaos.  I'll look through my stuff and try to find
my
mods when I get some time.

The later Bolos are a bit large for DS.  A simple approach, without
changing
the rules, is by shrinking everything else down in size knowing that the
largest weapon class of 5 would be used by the Bolos and factor
everything
else smaller.

Mike