Prev: Re: [OT/DSII] Re: Shermans and Panthers Next: Re: [OT/DSII] Re: Shermans and Panthers

Re: FT in a Fluid

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 18:22:16 -0500
Subject: Re: FT in a Fluid

On Sat, 6 Jan 2001 00:34:21 -0800, "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:

>Why?  (think "airplane" here--do they need ballast?)

Depends on the thickness of the fluid and the model I'm using. If it's
fairly
thin, you need Bernoulli's principle (and forward motion, ala aircraft)
keep the craft aloft. If I use a submarine, or an airship, model you
need
ballast.

>I think "Scots" and "alien" overlap, don't they?

Actually, no! I have a quote from a Canadian comedy TV show that shows
that
Scots and aliens ARE different. It was the score for a soccer game.
"Once
again, the final score, Alien Overlords, 22,000. Scotland, zip!" (It's
Canadian show... they should have said, "Alien Overlords, 22,000.
Scotland,
nil."*G*

>Not enough room on a gas giant for you, eh?

Well... Okay, so I guess I could keep the vessels bigger. But my idea
was to
have them a bit smaller than FT.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: [OT/DSII] Re: Shermans and Panthers Next: Re: [OT/DSII] Re: Shermans and Panthers