Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3) Next: [CON] East Coast Convention IV - Eight weeks to go

RE: what happens to buildings was RE: Bunkers in SG2

From: "Jay Arnold" <jdarnold@s...>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:37:44 -0600
Subject: RE: what happens to buildings was RE: Bunkers in SG2

Fair enough. The point I'm trying to make, having not seen the rules, is
the
relative fragility of buildings should probably be based on the
materials
used in construction as well as general design. To that end, is it
possible
the rules you use (again, having not seen them) treat buildings as just
bit more fragile than they should be? Of course, all the buildings in
your
battles could be made of cinder block without rebar and not filled with
concrete.  :)
40K Rogue Trader did a good job at this, delineating not only
construction
materials for walls and primary structure but also doors and other
points of
ingress.
To be honest, I don't think there's a good system out there (yet, or at
least I've seen) for buildings, let alone MOUT. I would tend to think
most
structures in a fully urbanized environment would be rigid enough to
withstand most hits from the weapons available in your average Stargrunt
game. Assuming, of course, there was no damage to the structure prior to
its
occupancy by military forces, being fired upon, etc.