Prev: Re: FT in a Fluid Next: Re: DS-Bolos

Re: FT in a Fluid

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 23:38:22 -0500
Subject: Re: FT in a Fluid

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:10:00 -0500, "Chris DeBoe"
<LASERLIGHT@QUIXNET.NET>
wrote:

>Let them be six-arc weapons as usual for FB1, but have the arcs be
Fore,
>Aft, Stbd, Port, Dorsal, Ventral.

That's a good idea!

>Maintain a minimum speed or start sinking?

I thought about that. It depends on whether or not there is a ballast
system
on the vessel.

>I'm missing something here--you're saying fighters in an atmosphere
aren't
>realistic?  Oh wait, you're one of those
aliens-pretending-to-be-Canadian,
>aren't you?

*L* Worse. I'm an
alien-pretending-to-be-Scots-pretending-to-be-Canadian. I'm
one of the few dual citizens on the list. *S*

What I meant was that if the ships are considered to be fairly small
compared
to FT ships, fighters would be very tiny, say no more than a metre or
two in
size. So, fighters wouldn't be "fighters". That's why I thought that
they
probably wouldn't be used. The same would happen in a fighter game of
FT,
where a fighter is represented by, say, a mass 10 ship.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: FT in a Fluid Next: Re: DS-Bolos