Prev: Re: [SG2] - Good source for realistic Wheeled APCs Next: FMA Skirmish Questions

Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@d...>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 11:55:37 +1100
Subject: Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3

From: "Nathan" <Nathan_at_Spring_Grove_UK@email.msn.com>

> If memory serves there are four ranges of models requiring
> documentation as per FB1.
>
> UNSC - United Nations Space Command
> IF - Islamic Federation
> OU - Oceanic Union
> OC - Outrim Coalition
>

> Of these I would think only the UN and possibly the IF are
> ready for "Fleet Booking". The OU desperately need some
> heavier models, or we have to conceed that the figures in
> question are only good for doing not-Space Above or
> not-Fifth Element and are in fact designed with a different
> scale in mind.

Or that they use "Big 4" designs for their larger ships rather than
home-brewed ones, or that they only have small ships.
Though the light carrier at size approx 100 isn't that small.
I prefer to leave the question open until Nick at Eureka makes some
more OU designs - which he's been threatening to do for 12 months now.
Also the OU has a reputation for salvaging anything even remotely
valuable, so likely have 1s and 2s of nearly everything.

> Regards the OC, does ANYBODY have any
> information on what this bloc is supposed to be, or are
> they just not-Trek figures?

Good Question. Not as far as I know. No entry in the Unofficial GZG
pedia
either. I have some ideas re designs - things which are specifically
anti-KV -
thrust 5 forex - but that's about all.

> Regards the IC, RH and Dutch mentioned in previous
> postings, I presume that these nations  buy or build other
> blocs' designs since they have no native ranges of their
> own.

IC - probably have the same capacity as OU.
Dutch - the dutch have historically always made their own designs, even
when
it made
little economic sense to do so. Many of the designs were rather good.

> On the new rules front, I was alarmed at the bulk of extra
> systems rules brought in by FB2

These were for Aliens, and correspond to the extra rules/systems in MT.
Human ships won't have much if any in the way of "new stuff" I imagine.

> For the UN, we have discussed various new heavy
> weapons systems and modular hulls. These would be
> good additions if they are no more complex than any
> of the rules in FT2.

Simple is Good. Agree.

> Finally, just to throw a new idea into the FB3 pot, has
> anyone considered IF suicide crews in the past?
> These would not need to roll a 6 to ram, but would
> only be found on very small vessels

Make it a 5 or 6. But only ships with no warp capability.

Prev: Re: [SG2] - Good source for realistic Wheeled APCs Next: FMA Skirmish Questions