Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: Re: [SG2] - Good source for realistic Wheeled APCs

Re: strike the colors rule

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:55:06 -0500
Subject: Re: strike the colors rule

> So NAC, FSE, NSL, LLAR, RH, OU and amazingly NI prisoners
> are in with a chance, but it's bad news if you were aboard an
> ESU vessel. Do we know anything about the prevaling faiths
> in the PAU and the IC, or are the "Levantine" blocs the only ones
> where religion is a factor?

PAU countries today are a mix of Muslim, Christian, animist/pagan, and
syncretic mixes of the above.
Indonesian Commonwealth is Muslim--IIRC, it's the largest Muslim
population
in the world.

> Was the Koran written before or partially after the Shia schism?
> The Islamic penalty for apostasy (denying one's faith) can be
> death, but it would be illuminating to know the orthodox view on
> heresy.

al Quran was written by the Prophet (dictated to him by either an angel
or a
demon--he wasn't sure at first--that's always bothered me). Therefore
before
the schism.
However, history has, every once in a while, recorded a few aberrant
individuals whose action in the name of a religion are totally contrary

Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: Re: [SG2] - Good source for realistic Wheeled APCs