Prev: Chance of Normal Space Drive survival Next: DS-Bolos

Re: FT in a Fluid

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 18:10:00 -0500
Subject: Re: FT in a Fluid

AGoodall said

> I haven't thought about the following: is this set in the GZG universe
(probably not), is there gravitic technology (probably limited), will
weapons have upper and lower arcs as well as the six "around" arcs
(probably, but not sure how to handle it).

Let them be six-arc weapons as usual for FB1, but have the arcs be Fore,
Aft, Stbd, Port, Dorsal, Ventral.

> Sinking - I'm not sure how "buoyancy" will work, other than perhaps as
critical core system. If a ship loses hull integrity, starts to flood,
starts to "slide backwards", or what have you, it can drop too low and
crack.

Maintain a minimum speed or start sinking?

> Pulse Torps - Use as a "fire and forget" torpedo? I don't think
there's
any system in FT akin to the modern wire-guided torpedo. Should "depth"
affect their range?

If depth affects speed, then yes, you're having to shove more mass aside
as
you move

> Fighters - I can't really see using fighters, though I've been
considering
a weapon that is a cross between a fighter squadron and a submunition
pack.

I'm missing something here--you're saying fighters in an atmosphere
aren't
realistic?  Oh wait, you're one of those
aliens-pretending-to-be-Canadian,

Prev: Chance of Normal Space Drive survival Next: DS-Bolos