Prev: Re: New on the list Next: [SG2] - Pictures of models

Re: Co-operative games?

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 08:07:48 -0600
Subject: Re: Co-operative games?

***
Hi folks..
      No one has mentioned miniature games. I remember at least two..
***

Well, I run the Aliens game with figs, albeit a 3-d version of the
board. I
know that someone made a version with SGII, but I don't recall if the
bugs
were automotons or not.

I think it wouldn't be TOO hard coming up with automatic rules in FTII,
and
assume similar with SGII or DSII, though I don't have enough experience
with either to say.

Biggest difference between rulesets used 'co-operatively' tends to be
how
much time is involved per person. Can you do
simultaneous-moves-on-a-side
in the Pony Wars/Drums along the Watusi?

People waiting on each other is a real drag; in the my Aliens set up, I
penalize too much table talk. At first some folks baulk at not doing
planning, but keeping it moving and under pressure, while everyone
cracks
Hudson lines, got me one of the most pleasurable compliments I can
imagine:

Con organizer: Is that a fun game?

Player: It is the way he runs it.

;->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad

Prev: Re: New on the list Next: [SG2] - Pictures of models