Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: Re: Nathan's FB3 comments,

OT Re: What are some these co-operative games?

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 21:07:58 -0500
Subject: OT Re: What are some these co-operative games?

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:10:33 +1100, "Alan and Carmel Brain"
<aebrain@dynamite.com.au> wrote:

>Sounds sorta kinda similar to GW's "The Fury of Dracula" - which IMHO
is not
>just the best boardgame that GW has produced (that's not a great
>recommendation) but a rattling good game in its own right.

It's not quite the same. In Scotland Yard the spy starts in any one of a
number of locations (they may be random... not sure). The spy uses
movement
chits to mark the mode of travel. At pre-arranged points, the spy
indicates
his location. The players each have a certain number of chits for a type
of
travel. The board is made up of a network of dots linked by lines. You
must
take a mode of transportation and move from one dot to the next along
that
route line. The lines represent taxi routes, bus routes, and the subway.
The
subway lets you go the furthest in one shot, but it is limited in the
number
of stops and you have only a very limited number of subway chits. Taxis
are
the "cheapest" but you go the least distance.

It sounds very similar to Fury of Dracula, but on a simpler scale. If
you like
this kind of game, I recommend "Kill Doctor Lucky" by Cheapass Games.
It's
different, but the same sort of "trap a character" game. In Dr. Lucky,
the
character moves on his own. You have to get him alone in a room with you
and
kill him (the other players have cards to stop you or move Dr. Lucky).

I can readily and heartily recommend almost all of the Cheapass Games.
Well
worth the money (and they really are cheap!).

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: Re: Nathan's FB3 comments,