Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: RE: [FT] Starfire Bug designs

Re: strike the colors rule

From: Richard Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 20:04:10 -0500
Subject: Re: strike the colors rule

Laserlight wrote:

> In a recent battle, my Islamic Fed forces isolated and crippled an
> enemy capital ship (damage included FTL drive, of course).  I issued a
> surrender demand and added that if the enemy attempted to abandon ship
> and scuttle, we would fire on lifeboats.  NAC or others might not be
> able to use that approach, but it worked for me.

I am surprised that anyone would fire on a lifeboat, as that is
considered
an atrocity.
In WWI, the germans actually tried to recover survivors until
circumstances made that too dangerous for the U-boats.	In WWII, no
U-boat
attempted to recover survivors because there was nowhere to put them.  I
doubt the crews would fire on a lifeboat, for the simple reason that
they
may be on the other end of the stick some day; unless, none of the IF
ships have lifeboats and anyone who has ever abandoned ship has been
executed for cowardice, along with every fighter pilot that failed a

Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: RE: [FT] Starfire Bug designs