Prev: Shermans and Panthers Next: FMASkirmish manuscript

Re: New on the list

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 21:45:03 +0100
Subject: Re: New on the list

Fent, Lee wrote:

> Hello all,
>	I don't know if this is considered bad form or not,
>but I'm considering picking up Full Thrust,

Given that this is the GZG list and that Full Thrust is GZG's flagship,
how could it possibly be bad form to pick it up...? <G> Welcome on
board, BTW.

>and I thought I'd check and see what books current players >recommend
a new player to buy.

Full Thrust 2nd Edition (FT2) from 1992 is the basic game rules. Begin
with this, but ignore the ship design rules.

Fleet Book 1 (FB1) was published in 1998. Based on experience from the
intervening six years it revises several of the FT2 rules, introduces a
few new ones, and provides completely new ship design rules (which is
why you should ignore the ones in FT2) as well as a bunch of "official"
ship designs for four of the GZG starship model ranges. (As "official"
as anything can be in a game system where the fundamental rule is "if
you don't like it, change it", that is <g>)

There are two other supplements: More Thrust (MT) from 1993, which has
a bunch of new systems and optional rules but which is now out of
print, and Fleet Book 2 (FB2) from last spring which replaces much but
not all of More Thrust. You'll want FB2 eventually; the parts of MT
which were not revised in FB2 will hopefully appear in FB3 (whenever
that's due!) - or in the long-awaited 3rd Edition of Full Thrust
itself, but when that'll appear is anyone's guess :-/

Best wishes,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Shermans and Panthers Next: FMASkirmish manuscript