Prev: IF and needles? Re: Nathan's FB3 comments, Next: Re: IF and needles? Re: Nathan's FB3 comments,

Re: colour striking

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 13:35:03 -0500
Subject: Re: colour striking

Tony asked:
> Would the IF ever surrender to the NI ? Or vice-versa ?

The IF is in a slightly different situation from most because many
ships--most under CH size--have no FTL and doctrine is to avoid risking
tugs.  If the IF ship can use its thrust-6 to break contact, it will;
otherwise it will *probably* surrender if it's in a hopeless situation.
However, some commanders would prefer to self-destruct, and quite a few
would be willing to try ramming if they have a chance--perhaps without
regard to whether they'd surrendered first.  As I understand it, Muslims
believe that  dying in battle against unbelievers guarantees you
immediate
access to heaven, so they're not operating on the same principals as
everyone else.

I doubt this will arise often, though, as most of my smaller (non-FTL)
IF

Prev: IF and needles? Re: Nathan's FB3 comments, Next: Re: IF and needles? Re: Nathan's FB3 comments,