Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3) Next: Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3)

RE: strike the colors rule

From: "Mark 'Indy' Kochte" <kochte@s...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 10:49:19 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: strike the colors rule

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> >Or every time you loose a crew factor, the ship must make a morale
> >check or withdraw from battle (move out of weapons range or shut
> >down if unable to withdraw). The ship may continue to make morale
> >checks each turn until it successful (and may reengage).
> >
> >Morale Check: Roll equal to or under the number of crew factors the
> >ship has left +1 to stay in the battle.
>
> The only problem with this technique is that MASS 21-30 and MASS
> 41-50 ships (assuming average hulls) will have a crew hit in the
> first few boxes and be MUCH more likely to "strike," especially the
> 21-30 case.

That makes sense to me and feels right, too, actually. I mean, if
you've only got 20 people on your ship and you get thumped a few
times and end up with half your crew dead or incapacitated, that
could be grounds and incentive to Bug Out(tm).	:-)  In any event,
you will be also taking, or about to take, your second threshold
check, so the odds of systems shorting out are beginning to increase.
And this kinda sorta fits with the houserules I developed and posted
yesterday, too (eg, you start rolling to see if your ship is going
to beat feet when you start taking damage to your 3rd hull row; I
may amend this to 'starting with the 2nd threshold check', however).

Prev: Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3) Next: Re: [FT] Wave Gun (was: OU & IC & FB3)