Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: Re: [DS2} Basing infantry

Re: {Q} Efficient Designs

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@m...>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 21:28:22 -0500
Subject: Re: {Q} Efficient Designs

>From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@pacbell.net>
>See above. The best defence against fighters is actually other
>fighters (in both MASS and POINT COST). One group of interceptors can
>tie up two fighter groups in employed skillfully, but will always get
>at least one. In short, if you anticipate going up against a large
>number of fighters, then bring a light carrier loaded with fast
>interceptors!!

Now comes the interesting bit!	There are tradeoffs between the fighters
and
the defense systems - and among the fighters themselves.  That is what I

like about Jon's design of FT as a whole.  There isn't one right way to
do
it.  There are styles and approaches.  I think that real navies and air
forces do much the same and also face trade offs.

--Peter

Prev: Re: strike the colors rule Next: Re: [DS2} Basing infantry