Prev: Re: Islamic Federation, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3 Next: Re: strike the colors rule

Re: Fighter House Rules.

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 20:16:45 EST
Subject: Re: Fighter House Rules.

On Tue, 02 Jan 2001 15:26:08 -0800 Sean Bayan Schoonmaker
<s_schoon@pacbell.net> writes:
<snip>
>>5. Rearming fighter, During the record-keeping phase, a d6 is rolled
>for
>>each fighter. if the result is equal to or greater than the strength
>of
>>fighter group it is rearmed. Running tab must be kept.
>
>This doesn't make sense to me. Rearming shouldn't have a random
>element - or at least not one that depends on the strength of the
>group. A full strength group is significantly penalized compared to a
>group with 3 fighters left; much more than the 2:1 numerical ratio
>would suggest.
>

>Schoon

For our book-keeper types: How about a +1 for - each number less then 4
fighters - strength of the group and +1 per turn consecutive re-arming?

I.e., strength 5 turn one 5 or 6; turn 2 4/5/6, turn 3 3/4/5/6 ---
strength 3 turn one (+1 for smaller size) 4/5/6, turn two 3/4/5/6, turn
3
2/3/4/5/6 --- strength 2 turn one (+2 for smaller size) Automatic
(unless
all 1's fail <grin> which seems a bit much.)

Here I am making suggestions for MT/FBx and I've never seen the rules!
Ain't war games grand - you don't need to know the exact mechanisms
after
30 years of playing...

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines!
Starguard, Dirtside 2, Full Thrust, Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar
Conflicts and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: Islamic Federation, was Re: [FT] OU & IC & FB3 Next: Re: strike the colors rule