Prev: [OT] Starguard web game starting up Next: Re: [OT] Happy Birthday To Oz (was HAPPY NEW YEAR!)

Re: Gravitics was Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 11:24:00 +1100
Subject: Re: Gravitics was Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!

G'day,

 >How did you use slavo missiles at speed 36???
 >I tried it once and got thrashed.
 >I could never seem to get my missiles
 >in range without going head to head.

It takes practice ;)
I'd be the first to admit I regularly got my head handed to me for the
first few games, but now I stand a pretty good chance of hitting the
target
I was after (though fighting the SV can be a bit hair raising... talk
about
try to psych each other out... is he going to scoot this turn...is she
going to shoot). Basically I get my fighters up and going asap so it
cuts
down closing time (the longer the FSE spend outside 36" the more ragged
they're going to be once they can actually do any hurt back) and then
when
SMs and fighters can both hit on the same turn I drop as many SMs as
possible from across the fleet. Fighters go in and harass the main ADFC
ships, missiles are stacked (few salvos per stack so you end up with a
number of small piles dotted about, nice compromise between nets and
overkill) hopefully aimed at the big guys. I still cope the odd scout
hiding under an SDN, but I do OK most of the time. I often take a number
of
SC-FFs too, to make a first fast flyby (highest speed so far was about
75,
but that was probably a bit ridiculous) to whittle down the number of
Banzai (spelling?) Jammers that an opponent may have lying around. Its
not
always pretty, but it works for me ;)

 >I also missed a planet's atmosphere by 1/8 of an inch...

Wow, now that's really flying by the seat of your pants ;)

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: [OT] Starguard web game starting up Next: Re: [OT] Happy Birthday To Oz (was HAPPY NEW YEAR!)