Prev: Re: Happy Birthday To Oz (was HAPPY NEW YEAR!) Next: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!

Re: Can a FT only Fleet be viable?

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:22:21 EST
Subject: Re: Can a FT only Fleet be viable?

On Tue, 02 Jan 2001 10:26:07 +1100 Beth Fulton
<beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au> writes:
>G'day guys,
>
> >Viable as in..."FT ships could fight FB
> >ships and have a chance of winning"?
>
>In my experience no. We had a guy here who wanted to stick by his FT2
>fleet
>and not redesign under FB. He got his butt kicked every time. We were
>playing vector so the aft arc problem wasn't to bad and his weapons
>did
>punch, but his hulls blew up way before ours. That was the clincher,
>not
>enough hull to hang around (especially if the FSE turned up).
>
>Cheers
>
>Beth

Okay, IF I get some bead ships done by Local Spring Convention time, I
may just run a small FT only battle to get some general experience.  Of
course, I can hope that Pat C. runs a more complex FT'ish game also...

Gracias, Glenn/Triphibious
You don't have to be French to be a 'frog', or even human!
Nektons - Real Marines!
Starguard, Dirtside 2, Full Thrust, Ratner's Space Marines, Stellar
Conflicts and Uprisings, and Full Thrust/2nd.  Resistance is everything!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: Happy Birthday To Oz (was HAPPY NEW YEAR!) Next: Re: Suggestions and Advice Solicited!