Prev: Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR! Next: Re: strike the colors rule

Re: strike the colors rule

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 17:43:12 EST
Subject: Re: strike the colors rule

Things we can leave till FT3?

Campaigns
Ground Interface
Terrain
Debris
Striking colours (suggest a check every turn at last hull box and get
damaged - score must equal the number of hull boxes left, but a 6 always

fails)

No, no, a thousand times no.  I hate this rule.  This is not the wooden
ships and iron men era.  How many ships "struck their colors" in
WW1 & WW2?   And what do you mean "a 6 always fails"?  That
they surrender on a 6?	This would be way way too often.  Our games
have had people flee when on the last roll of hull boxes and have a
working FTL drive, but this is at the player's discretion and not on a
fluke of a die roll.  Make it a 2D6 possibility and I MAY accept it.

I'm glad it's optional because I ain't playing with it as is.

Glen

Prev: Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR! Next: Re: strike the colors rule