Prev: [SG2] simplified rough-cut overwatch/snap-fire rules Next: RE: [SG2] simplified rough-cut overwatch/snap-fire rules

RE: [SG2] simplified rough-cut overwatch/snap-fire rules

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 12:23:23 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG2] simplified rough-cut overwatch/snap-fire rules

Nice!

Is your reaction fire rules intended to replace, be combined with, or
augment the reaction fire rules on page 53?

If replace, they are a little more flexible that the rule as written
(target does not need to be using both of its action for movement and
does not have to have the end if its first movement in range), but
the flexibility is off-set by the reaction test.

If combined with, it seems overly restrictive to force a reaction test
in
addition to the special case that the target is using both its actions
for movement.

If to augment, then the reaction test is performed only if the target
is not using both of its actions for movement, or the target comes into
range other than between its actions.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net