Prev: Re: [Ft} OU & IC & FB3 Next: Re: NSL vs KV, was Re: [Ft} OU & IC & FB3

RE: NSL vs KV, was Re: [Ft} OU & IC & FB3

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 07:55:35 -0500
Subject: RE: NSL vs KV, was Re: [Ft} OU & IC & FB3

1 Der Theuerdank CVH and 11 Walburg/M DDs?
Try to swarm the KV with missiles to use up scatterpacks and allow the
fighters to clean up?

Works better with a modified Walburg/M:

Walburg/MW (Wolf Pack) class Destroyer
Brian Bell
Tech: Human (FB)
Govt: NSL
Mass: 30
Cost: 102
Clas: Destroyer (DD)
Strm: None
FTL:  Std.
MD:   4
Armr: 1
Hull: 9  (Military)
Damg: 3/2/2/2
Crew: 2
Sens: Std.
Systems
  1 x FCS
  1 x PDS
  2 x Salvo Missile Rack (FP,F,FS)
  1 x Class-1 beam (All)
Notes:
  Designed to maximize first strike, the Walburg/M is designed to
  attack in groups, releasing all of their missiles at the same time
  to overwhelm the opposition's defenses.

And for those interested, here is my interpretation of Los' Kolh
(Walburg/M variant):

Walburg/MK (Kohl) class Destroyer
Brian Bell
Tech: Human (FB)
Govt: NSL
Mass: 30
Cost: 124
Clas: Destroyer (DD)
Strm: None
FTL:  Std.
MD:   4
Armr: 0
Hull: 9  (Military)
Damg: 3/2/2/2
Crew: 2
Sens: Std.
Systems
  1 x FCS
  1 x Salvo Missile Launcher (FP,F,FS)
  1 x Salvo Missile Magazine (2 Std. Salvos)
  1 x Cloaking Field
  1 x Class-1 beam (All)
Notes:
  Designed for surveillance and surprise attack the Kohl variant
  replaces both armor and the PDS system for a cloaking generator.
  Taken from description of the Kohl in Carlos 'Los Lourenco's
  "Rot Hafen".

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net