Prev: Re: [FT] Defending with SMLs Next: Re: [FT] Defending with SMLs

15mm-ish metal helos at Wal-Mart for $1.99

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 12:19:39 -0600
Subject: 15mm-ish metal helos at Wal-Mart for $1.99

Score.	The AH-64a is just shy of 5", so by my figgerin' it's about
1/140 or so, with true 15mm being 1/118 or so.	These babies were
under $2.00 ($1.99, IIRC).

http://www.cowell.org/~andy/min/sg2/maisto.jpg

Main body is die cast metal, with soft plastic rotors and accessories.
The scan isn't great, but it's Maisto Tailwinds, Series IV.  There are
several airplanes, and the two helicopters are "AH-64A" and "UH-60A
Desert Hawk."  All are numbered "#15061."

http://www.maisto.com/products/picture/15061c.jpg
http://www.maisto.com/products/picture/15061x.jpg

I'm sold on these-- my plastic kits tend to break, as I typically just
throw them in a box or the closet or somesuch.

Prev: Re: [FT] Defending with SMLs Next: Re: [FT] Defending with SMLs