Prev: Re: [FT] Terrain Next: Proto SG2 campaign system

Re: Xmas presents

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 20:42:48 -0800
Subject: Re: Xmas presents

BIF said:
> 2-Combat Wasps (I think someone may have already raised this). These
could
> be small unmaned spacecraft, launched from the ship like fighters,
with beem
> weapons, pulse torps, SMR`s, PDS etc (my fav. idea would be for
close range
> pulsars). These craft/combat wasps would have very little hull (say,
1 hull
> box), a firecon (for control) and a BIG engine. The only thing to
remember
> would be the fact that using anti-matter in the book, the thrust
would be
> doubbled and any hit would detonate the AM, making a rather big
bang.

> E.G- Mass-12	Cost-30  Thrust-10  Hull-1 Firecon-1 Pulsetorp-1

Perchance you're thinking of the ash-Shaulah stingboats (Islamic
Federation) I posted a couple of months ago.
Mass 8, MD6, 1FCS, 1 hull box, and 4 mass of weapons (often 4
submunitions or 2 needles), about 30 points (depending on payload)(and
add 10% to balance them for being non-FTL).

Among other things, they would be quite useful if your opponent is of
the "no escorts, no cruisers, all capital ships for me" school.

Prev: Re: [FT] Terrain Next: Proto SG2 campaign system