Prev: ship IDs (from Dean's pics) Next: RE: ship IDs (from Dean's pics)

Re: Ship Names (was Re: RE-Ship types names)

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:55:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Ship Names (was Re: RE-Ship types names)

Indy wrote:
>[Crimmins' naming schemes] Somewhat reminds me of what Ian Banks did
with
his ship names in
>"Excession". Kinda similar to yours above, but more along the
>lines of phrases (Anticipation Of A New Lover's Arrival, Steely
>Glint, Serious Callers Only, Ethics Gradient, Charitable View, etc).

For PBeM's I follow the Excession naming template. I loved the ship
names in
that Frank Exchange of Views, Problem Child, and Kiss the Blade. among
others are excellent warhip names. This naming scheme has also found its
way
into my New Israel fleet, primarily as Fighter squadron names and
freighter
names - the bulk of NI is named after Persons and Places of Old Israel,
with
some Hebrew fighting nouns and verbs thrown in.

Noam

Prev: ship IDs (from Dean's pics) Next: RE: ship IDs (from Dean's pics)