Prev: Re: [FT] Vectorized K-guns Next: Re: Paces as a unit of measure

RE: Paces as a unit of measure

From: "Jay Arnold" <jdarnold@s...>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:44:00 -0600
Subject: RE: Paces as a unit of measure

The point I was getting at was that "paces" instead of "inches" or even
"centimeters" is an odd measurement for a wargame.
<phb> Plus, once combat was imminent, I'm not sure a "pace" was strictly
adhered to either. </phb>
Keep in mind the U.S. Army's definition of "pace" is a thirty inch step.
It
is not used as a way to execute movement (i.e. take two paces to the
front,
execute a left flank, etc....). In instruction, the terms "step,"
"thirty
inch step," or "fifteen inch step" (for marching backwards or other
complex
maneuvers) are used.
<troll>What it really boils down to is I personally don't like DB
Anything.
Essentially, any excuse to mock or snicker at the rule systems is
sufficient
for me :P.</troll>
Happy gaming
Jay

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@nortelnetworks.com>
To: Full Thrust <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Subject: re: DS2/FW/BGC figures identified. Thanks
Date: 08 Dec 2000 13:45:58 -0500
Sender: owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

tom,

would you post or direct email your identified pic list.  i've been
trying to p
uzzle these out as
well so i can send in my DS2 order.

thanks,
dave

Prev: Re: [FT] Vectorized K-guns Next: Re: Paces as a unit of measure