Prev: RE: [SG2] reusable projectile launcher Next: Re: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

RE: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:18:39 -0500
Subject: RE: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat

Is that formula correct? Using it, the average turret height of a AFV
would be 5.5m (6378000m earth radius, * 5.5m, sqrt = 5923 close
to 60" or 6km).
I did not think that AFVs were that tall (that's almost a 2 story
building)

Anyway using this formula, distance to horizon on Mars would be 4324,
or 43" (using the 5.5m AFV height and the formula below).

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://www.ftsr.org/ds2/