Prev: Re: Wombat Rampage (was something else altogether). Next: Re: Building 'unusual' starships

Re: Building 'unusual' starships

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:21:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Building 'unusual' starships

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:16:59 -0600, devans@uneb.edu wrote:

>I don't think there are any beads, but wooden wheels, miniature coat
hooks
>and the like are in abundance. I personally don't think they make great
>fighting ships, but have possibilities as auxiliaries.

They look not bad, probably as (as you say) auxiliaries or commercial
ships,
such as passenger liners.

The problem is that they are made of wood. You can't just prime them. If
you
did, you'd end up with the wood grain leaking through. You'd need
several
coats of primer, or you'd need to coat the stuff with a varathane
sealant or
something. You'd then prime over that. I suppose a varathane paint over
top of
a primer would give a nice finish, too. But varathane is an oil based
paint,
and I'm not sure what the results would be like.

Of course, you COULD do some neat effects with colour wood stain. You
could
use the wood grain for effect. It could be an interesting result.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: Wombat Rampage (was something else altogether). Next: Re: Building 'unusual' starships