Prev: Re: Wombat Rampage (was something else altogether). Next: Re: Wombat Rampage (was something else altogether).

Re: Wombat Rampage (was something else altogether).

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:57:25 +1100
Subject: Re: Wombat Rampage (was something else altogether).

G'day guys,

 >As would any other wild animal
 >disturbed in their natural habitat - there
 >have been several deaths attributed to
 >wombats caused by people craling into
 >their burrows and getting crushed by a
 >wombat forcing them against the roof
 >of the burrow.

My Granddad equated going down a wombat hole with playing Russian rullet

with a shotgun ;)

They're friendly as little guys, playful and affectionate, but come
adulthood its a rare wombat that stays even tempered... even our "cute"
fauna is less than pleasant in reality ;)

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Wombat Rampage (was something else altogether). Next: Re: Wombat Rampage (was something else altogether).