Prev: Re: DSII Combat AI Next: Re: Sources for factual combat statistics, was Re: Modern Close Assault

RE: [ds2, sg2] robotic aliens... [x-post]

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 09:27:40 +1100
Subject: RE: [ds2, sg2] robotic aliens... [x-post]

G'day Brian,

 >It also indicates if a unit will make use of surrounding
 >cover (SP1 units do not unless under a suppression marker
 >at the beginning of a turn). A SP3 unit will remove 1
 >suppression counter at the END of its turn (it has a low survival
 >priority, so is less concerned with taking casualties). SP1 and
 >2 units remove suppression markers as normal.

OK I'm confused!! Why don't units with a high survival rating (SP1) use
cover?

 >Most robotic infantry units may be assumed to be
 >Power Armor.

Why? OK there's a bit of devils advocate here, but wee little bots may
be
more like line in what they can do. I'd also say that "miltia", "line"
or
"PA" could actually represent different kinds/quality of construction of

the bots.

 >The Dalaks know that
 >Dr. Who is advising the other side, so Confidence is
 >Steady.

Manic you mean ;)

 >Robotic units are usually not effected by terror attacks

Out of interest, what terror attacks would effect a robotic unit?

Some nice ideas there Brian.

Have fun

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: DSII Combat AI Next: Re: Sources for factual combat statistics, was Re: Modern Close Assault