Prev: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat Next: robotic aliens...

Sci-Fi Crossover after action report

From: Mike Stanczyk <stanczyk@p...>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 22:18:48 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Sci-Fi Crossover after action report

Using Dean's conversions for Star Wars from the Sci-Fi Crossover and
some
Star Wars micromachines, I managed to convince a friend to try
Full-Thrust!

Much mayhem followed.  The basic battle was 2 light star destroyers vs 2
blockaid runners, a rebel escort destroyer, 2 Mon Calmari ships plus
fighters,
4 sets of ties vs 6 sets of x-wings.

Mistakes were made, by both the players and in me teaching the rules.
But it
was a real fun time and we may get another convert to FT.

And a very big THANK YOU to Dean for his conversions.  They really
helped
interest my friend and others in learning to play.

Lessions learned:
Fighters suck.	Left alone they will chew up and spit out ships without
good
anti-fighter defenses.

If you don't have equal fighters take care in where you fight it out
fighter
to fighter.  My x-wings were going after the tie fighters.  My friend
chose
to have his ties screen the star destroyers instead of coming out away
from
the star destroyers to battle.	So right after dispatching the ties, the
x-wing
went right to work on the star destroyers.  He should have pushed the
fighter
battle out away and delayed the x-wings attack.

Have a quick reference ready for all players.  Including the right way
to turn
moving ships.  Some moves had to be rechecked due to confusion.

Don't try and play and teach at the same time, unless you're real
experienced.
Dean can do it, but I'm not there yet.

Mike

Prev: Dirtside Question: Zero or low G combat Next: robotic aliens...