Prev: Re: FW: NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE] Next: Re: Sources for factual combat statistics, was Re: Modern Close Assault

Re: Sources for factual combat statistics, was Re: Modern Close Assault

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 09:36:34 -0600
Subject: Re: Sources for factual combat statistics, was Re: Modern Close Assault

***
It was a neat system (though not as neat as the Harnmaster system, where
you could survive dark ages combat and die a couple weeks later from an
infection).
***

Obviously, my memory is a little in error; I thought sepsis was covered,
also.

Coming from you, Allan, of course I accept that the tables are usable
once
you work through them a few times. I just never was able to cross that
mountain.

I'm still skeptical about using the damage allocation in B5 Fleet
Action.
The play of the game at Gencon was certainly fun, but the GM ran through
the little diagrammed program of destruction, and just had the players
roll
when he told them.

As a local shop owner here had asked me if I'd be willing to try doing
demos, I took the AoG (Outrider? Agent?) aside later to get him to
explain
it to me. I think I had it for a bit; without a chance to run through it
recently, it looks like COBOL flowcharting to me.

As an aside, this has me remembering that some of my best gaming has
been
con games where the GM took the duel responsibilities of managing the
over
game (the Vietnam game and a similar Wild West were double blind; the FA
game, we were giving secret orders) and gaming computer, working through
the more complicated rule structures and math.

I don't think I ever thanked them enough.

Course, that's the problem with FT; people are off and running on their
own
in no time, until they come up with one of the questions that has some
of
us stumped, even on the list. ;->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler