Prev: RE: GZG Xoom/NBCi website Next: RE: Modern Close Assault

Re: Sources for factual combat statistics, was Re: Modern Close Assault

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:59:08 -0600
Subject: Re: Sources for factual combat statistics, was Re: Modern Close Assault

Can't help you much here, though I'm aware that the US Army has done
much.
I just don't know where to look.

I'm aware that there are some fans of the now-defunct Leading Edge's
Phoenix Command system on this list, and perhaps they can support or
deny
the following.

I recall that the weapon effect and wounds allocation were based,
according
to a con demo-player whom I respected greatly, on just such excruciating
number crunching. I remember playing a Vietnam game where he'd explain
in
gruesome detail just how a wound had occurred, and the range of time
until
I'd go unconscious and finally dead. But that I should go ahead and
finish
my action. ;->=

Having seen the table lookup and the die-rolling to get the results I
described, I never really wanted to try and learn enough to RUN a game.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: RE: GZG Xoom/NBCi website Next: RE: Modern Close Assault