Prev: Re: [SG2] close assault query Next: Re: Thoughts on Veldtgrunt-- SG2 Zulu Wars

Re: Thoughts on Veldtgrunt-- SG2 Zulu Wars

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 20:31:22 EST
Subject: Re: Thoughts on Veldtgrunt-- SG2 Zulu Wars

In a message dated 11/17/00 4:15:10 PM Central Standard Time,
andy@cowell.org
writes:

> (Mind you, I saw later M-H models were recalibrated to .303, leading
to,
> I believe, the great quote from "Breaker Morant," "They were executed

The Australians carried the Lee-Enfield .303, though there may well have
been
.303 adptations of the Martini-Henry, but this would require an entirely
new
barrel I believe, since by the turbn of the century the British were
using
smokeless powder in the Lee-Enfield, and a simple re-chambering would
probably not result in an adequately strong barrle to handle the
increased
velocity and muzzle energy.

Prev: Re: [SG2] close assault query Next: Re: Thoughts on Veldtgrunt-- SG2 Zulu Wars