Prev: Re: [FT] Bell Curve SMLs Next: Re: [FT] Bell Curve SMLs

Re: Inhumane Weapons

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 06:44:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Inhumane Weapons

There are a few weapons I've heard about which may not be
classified as "inhumane", but they sure meet my personal criterion.

For instance, laser weapons designed to permanently blind enemy
soldiers,
and the dreaded "bouncing Betty" land mines.

For people unfamiliar with the latter: when a hapless soldier
(or whoever) steps on one, a secondary explosive charge lofts the
mine up to about genital level where the primary charge goes off
and castrates the soldier.

As you can imagine, macho soldiers who wouldn't think twice about
braving a field of conventional mines will flat out refuse to
cross a field of bouncing Bettys.

Prev: Re: [FT] Bell Curve SMLs Next: Re: [FT] Bell Curve SMLs