Prev: [OT] Rememberance Day thought Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #175

Re: [OT] Rememberance Day thought

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:00:59 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Rememberance Day thought

I went to our local downtown cenotaph Saturday for the ceremony, as I've
done for four or five years now, and the crowd did seem a fair bit
larger
than usual this year. Lots of families & kids, which is a good sign for
future Remembrance Days.

Given our rather peculiar hobby's focus on war in general, it's the
least
we can do to give up one day a year to remember the real thing and the
real people who fought & died in the real world. Going to your local
ceremony is worth it.

Besides, it's the last surviving stronghold of the military marchpast.
The
local Reserve company is part of the Canadian Scottish, so their band in
full dress is an impressive array of plaid, kilts, bagpipes and drums.
Few
things are quite as impressive as half a dozen pipes & another six or
eight drums in full voice - makes my hair stand on end.

(bringing this kind of back to GZG) Hey Jon, do a 15mm NAC piper,
please?
Regular NAC kit, but with kilt & war-pipes under one arm? :>

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: [OT] Rememberance Day thought Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #175