Prev: A question for the DS2 people out there Next: Re: [SG] Bell Curve, was Re: Oerjan Dreams

[SGII] Colors, Camoflage, and So On

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 19:12:15 -0500
Subject: [SGII] Colors, Camoflage, and So On

I just finished scanning and posting exampls of most of my SGII figures
<  http://www.geocities.com/johnxcrim/GallerySF2.html >
...and it's reawakened my interest in painting my Ral Partha "Kurita
Battletroops".	Unfortunately, I have yet to come up with a scheme that
really like for these figures.	I have one sample figure that's been
painted and stripped at least half a dozen times -- right now he's
primed
black -- without coming up with a result that I like.

At the moment, the plan is to paint the uniform gray with red
highlights,
to match an "Ursa Battlesuit" that I painted for an event called
"Visions
in Color" ( < http://miniature-painting.net/ >, under "Visions In Color
Summer 2000", if anyone's curious.  It's worth looking; there are some
really nice paint schemes to be seen.) which came out somewhat better
than
I had anticipated.  I am, however, looking for other inspiration and
ideas
that I can steal/borrow/whatever.  Any suggestions?  Painted figures
that I
could look at, descriptions of your own paint jobs?  I'm pretty tired of
painting camo right now, but a nice (and simple) enough scheme could
certainly change my mind.  I need something that will work for both
soliders and vehicles -- my Robotech models are going to be painted up
match these fellows.

And while I'm thinking of it....  Any suggestions for Powered Armor
figures
to match the Kurita troopers?  I'm not familiar with any of the GZG guys
other than the NSL figures, so does anyone have any favorites to
recommend?

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: A question for the DS2 people out there Next: Re: [SG] Bell Curve, was Re: Oerjan Dreams