Prev: Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams Next: Re: [SG] Bell Curve, was Re: Oerjan Dreams

[SG] Bell Curve, was Re: Oerjan Dreams

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:21:47 -0500
Subject: [SG] Bell Curve, was Re: Oerjan Dreams

> >3) Tom Barclay suggested a solution here: let level-X armour roll
XD12

St Jon said:
> If I can jump in here (having watched the discussion with interest....
> <grin>), this is something that I'm seriously considering using for
FMA,
> with a possible retrofit to SG if it works; now, the main reason it
wasn't
> used in SG in the first place is that I didn't like the idea of having
> roll 5 dice (or 1 die 5 times) for an armour-5 target. What does
everyone
> else think about this? It's certainly a better probability system, but
is
> it too much die rolling or not...?

I was rolling 22 dice per NSL capital ship a few days ago, no problem.
Certainly gave a lot better feel than rolling 1d6 and multiplying by 22
would have.  I don't see why that wouldn't be the same in SG.

Prev: Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams Next: Re: [SG] Bell Curve, was Re: Oerjan Dreams