Prev: Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams Next: Re: [FMA] FAQ

Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@m...>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:17:09 EST
Subject: Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams

>From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
> >P.S. and yes I know from first hand experience.
>
>Tanker, infantry or weapon designer experience? All three are valid,
>but tend to be somewhat different :-/

I should have been more clear - when I was suggesting a psychiatrist I
was
suggesting one from frist hand experience!  I have no experience in
military
field work, just in the procurement of weapons for the U.S. Defense
Logistics Agency (I was on the 1986-1987 team that procured the
Patriot.)  I
am pretty sure my time at the DLA did not contribute to my later need
for
mental health care.

back on topic...
So, let's rethink this problem through.  What is it that makes this
system
not work?  We know the sympton is bad odds.  We know that small arms
fire is
explicitly excluded.  Is the IVAR just simply too powerful in it's
impact
die?  D12 (doubled for major hits...)  This would seem to be about as
generous as one could want.  Perhaps the IVAR should come in flavors the

differentiate the Impact die.  Start at D6 for something as old as a
Panzerfaust and go up to D10 for something as modern as an Armbrust.
Reserve D12 and D12* for things with extra punch like plasma spikes or
very,
very small atomic weapons... :-)

Just a thought, would need to try it out.

--Peter
Get more from your time online.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

Prev: Re: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams Next: Re: [FMA] FAQ