Prev: Re: What is the location of the rebel base? Next: Re: Chits vs. Dice

Re: Chits vs. Dice

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:22:58 -0600
Subject: Re: Chits vs. Dice

***
I'm pretty sure DS was released before SG, and therefore used the
opposed
die
roll system first.  I wonder if Jon was inspired by previous rule sets
or
if
this was his own novel invention.
***

Actually, I was asked by a historical gamer at a con table about the
SGII,
started to mention opposed dice, and he snidely and loudly stated that
he
played a particular ruleset, and he knew all about opposed dice combat.

At that point I walked away as I wasn't in the mood for venting my
feelings
about his kind of gratitude for my REQUESTED attempt at sharing
knowledge.

And people STILL wonder why they can't get kids interested in historical
miniatures. That kind of attitude sure is partial explanation.

Sorry for venting this again. Yes, somebody else did it before.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: What is the location of the rebel base? Next: Re: Chits vs. Dice