Prev: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams Next: Re: What is the location of the rebel base?

Re: Chits vs. Dice

From: Aron_Clark@d...
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 14:05:55 -0800
Subject: Re: Chits vs. Dice

Peter Mancini writes . . .
*****
Aron,
I can't speak for everyone but my complaint against the chits is that
you
only have one set.  In a large multi-player game, you can't have several
people resolving action at the same time.
******

I hear you on that, but actions in DS are resolved by alternating sides.
 One
side elects a unit to move, fire, etc. then the opposing side does the
same.  S
you really shouldn't have two combats occurring at exactly the same
time.

*****
This is unforgivable (unless of course Jon meant it as a marketing ploy
for us
to buy 4+ copies of the
game...)
*****

Well you can buy extra sets of the chits . . . ;)

*****
I know what you mean about trying new and innovative systems - however
the
opposed die roll system already in place for SG2 is MUCH nicer thant he
chit
system in DS2 in my opinion.
*****

I'm pretty sure DS was released before SG, and therefore used the
opposed die
roll system first.  I wonder if Jon was inspired by previous rule sets
or if
this was his own novel invention.

*****
What I can't wait for is for computer chips and power supplies to get so
small that when I roll dice they make the appropriate sound effects...
*****

We may see that pretty soon as the PDA tech grows.

Prev: Oerjan Ohlson's Wet Dreams Next: Re: What is the location of the rebel base?